[ST] re: RaceTech oil weight

JIM: Racetech has changed their recommendation to 15wt. Based on my
experiences, I currently have a 50/50 mix of 10wt and 15wt.. which is
almost right.. I can say with 100% certainly that 15wt should be the
ticket. Also having spoken with several suspension folks they have
ALL recommended the Ohlins fluid has having the best properties that
one looks for in a fork fluid, stable viscosity, super low foaming ,
zero fade and long life.. and it doesn't cost anymore than other top
brands. Also and this is just my own feeling I think that the
emulators should be set back to 1.5 turns. I think that with the
thicker fluid which will also slow down the compression stroke a bit
that it would help quicken up the fork action to reduce the emulator
turns a little, just a little. I don't feel that this will at all
compromise the compression making it bottom more easily, just make it
soak up small sharp edged bumps better. Additionally from looking at
LOT's of other Racetech setups it seems that 2 turns is a kind of
base line that Racetech recommends for EVERYTHING, sort of one size
fits all. I also would say that the fluid level be kept at the 125mm
that is recommended, I currently have 120mm , 5mm higher to decrease
the air bubble and I think it it's wrong, makes things too stiff..

HTH,
Erik