Re: [ST] Re: hrm, may have...RS and corbins

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 10:13:33AM -0400, John Hickman wrote:
> From: brd <brd@xxxxxxx>
>
> >Well, I thought I had it all figured out, until I sat on an ST
> >yesterday.  I'd previously just looked at them and sat on one
> >briefly, but I had them put the bike up on the centerstand and
> >I climbed on.  If I'm back in the seat, I'm okay, but if I
> >slide forward any, my knees hit the side fairing (I'm 6'4").
>
> If this is the only thing holding you back from the ST, I suggest you take
> it for a test ride.  I'm also 6'4", and when I tried the ST for size in the
> showroom, I also hit my knees when I slid all the way forward.  However for
> reasons I'm not quite sure of, I've never touched the fairing while riding.

Ahh, that's interesting.  I'll have to try to find a local used one to
ride, though, as the only demo bike the dealer in Ft. Worth has is the
RS.

> I guess it has something to do with how your body balances when riding or
> something.  It may be the same with you and might be worth a spin on the ST
> before you decide.

Maybe as long as you just keep accelerating, you stay slid back in the
seat. :)

> On a related note, the extra inch back that Corbin seats have (which has
> been commented on recently) is great if you are over 6'.  Also I got my seat
> on time, and as intended (no adjustments necessary).

Does that cut into passenger seat area (and comfort)?

Laters,
Brian