[ST] re: upgrade your skill

>  From: Gerrit Herbst <Gerrit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 04/24/2001 11:36:
>  <big snip>
>  It's not what you ride it's how you do it. That guy was faster on his Trophy
>  than everybody else, even though on paper the Trophy is slower than the ST
>  or RS.
>  Before spending $1000+ on Ohlins + RaceTech or any upgrade, upgrade your
>  skill. When you honed your skills to the level where you can safely say "I
>  am as good as I can get" (or your name is Mr. V Rossi) then you will know if
>  you need the mods. I am of the opinion that most riders upgrade their
>  machines to try and compensate for less than perfect riding skills. My
>  message is.. know the difference.

	I'm anxiously awaiting this weekend myself. I'm taking levels 1 & 2 of
Keith Code's "California Superbike School" Saturday and Sunday at the "New
Streets of Willow Springs". While my present skill level (and weight, too) has
revealed some limitations - like the stock forks and tires - I know that
thefull limits of the Sprint ST are much higher than my present ability. This
weekend I'll be using one of CSS's ZX-6R's since I'll be flying to California,
but in October I'll be taking levels 3 & 4 at Texas World Speedway on my own
bikes - most likely one day on the SV650S and one day on the Sprint ST to see
what I can do with each of them.

Expect some suitably inflated stories of my racetrack prowess next week; and
hopefully no injury reports...

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber
	'00 blue ST  "Rhiannon"
	'01 red SV650S  "Cherii"