RE:[ST] Poser reliability <Stu>

>Does a crap fuel sender unit make an unreliable bike? I >don't believe so...

Stu,

Actually, from my point of veiw yes. I am well versed in eyeballing my mileage via odometer. I feel that Triumph should either fix it right or delete the item from production. That said, I would not hesitate to reccommend a Triumph or ST to anyone.

As Neil in S.C. noted, the dealers here in the USA are farther and fewer between than in the UK or Europe.
 So when, and it will happen, my ST fails to go forward how long will I be down? And how far from a dealer. Being an electronic technician, I can troubleshoot most of the system with out a gameboy,just a DMM, how about you? As I used to rely on my old HD to do anything at anytime, I now expect the ST to do the same.

We'll see, meantime the miles keep racking up, and aside from petrol, tyres, motor oil and filters, she hasn't missed a beat yet. Too bad Triumph wasn't hiring a American product durability tester. I'd almost volunteer.

Happy roads,
Andrew