Re: [ST] Exercise & Long Trips

 I was wondering if there were any
>specific exercises that people do to prepare for long rides
.....suggestions
>from anyone who has done a SS 1000 would be great too.
>

>Robert

Hi Robert,
I can give you some suggestions based on my endurence riding. This is from
my trainer and my chiropractor.

Concentrate on lower body. All of your work is done by the legs and abs
while riding. Lots of power squats, leg curls, calf lifts, leg extentions,
ect.
On all your exercises do them very slowly. You have fast and slow twitch
muscle fibers. Slow twitch is what you want to develop for long stints in
the saddle. When you do a leg curl take a count of 10 lifting up and the
same back down.
Do lots of strecthing. This is more important then working out. Stretch your
hams, calfs, quads, ect. every day and especially before a ride.
Keep moving around on the bike while riding. Lift your butt off the seat to
get blood past your knees.
Take a break every hour even if it's 5 minutes to get off the bike and
stretch.

Have fun,

Dennis