Re: [ST] sprint st or st1100

<>
> Most of my riding is recreational.  I do ride to work frequently, but
> it's only 2 miles each way.  I'm looking to do some long trips, maybe 2
> up, not sure about extended trips, though from what I've read the Honda
> would certainly give me that option.  I think they're both fantastic
> bikes, and I don't think I can go wrong, either way.

i think that by your description of your riding, you just answered your own
question.
the st1100 would be overkill for the amount of time spent touring.

im 6" and my riding is city cruising, 1 or 2 days rides, 7 days trips twice
a year and a trip is planned for california from east canada, with
confidence in the bike.i do as much as 600-700/day.

when you go out 7 days in a row, you pretty much know what to expect from
the bike on a month ride. well for a full trip, i may add the ZG sport
touring screen for the superslab, but other than that, well maybe the
gen-mar risers with cruie control, but only for extended superslab, which i
dont like to do anyway.

for the type of riding i do, i think i got just the right tool, did i
mention the motor is quite good !

my 2 cents                       8^)