Re: [ST] Re: The new 10 tune

Hi Barry,

First of all I have added a K&N filter and the Triumph CF Can.  With the
stock tune the bike would not run well below about 5K rpm.  I had them add
the "hot" tune at the time which was the Issue 8 tune and I thought it was
10017.  The "10" for the first 2 numbers does not indicate the issue but I
think is supposed to indicate the year it was developed.  However, I don't
know if that means 2000 or 2001!

Anyway, the 10017 tune did not work well in my configuration.  The bike had
no oomph below about 5K and then pulled really strong until about 8K where it
just went flat.  It also backfired a lot and sounded "rough" at most rpms.  I
think the reason was partially due to a misadjusted CO.   With the 10040 tune
and the CO at 3.25% the bike runs very well across the rpm range although it
does run a little rich at the lower rpms.  This is OK with me since it gets
HOT in Phoenix and the extra cooling won't hurt.

If the tune you currently have installed works well and you are happy with
it's performance then I would not have it changed.  I was told the Issue 10
tunes cleaned up problems with the Issue 9 tunes released last year.  I don't
know how the 9 tunes differed from the 8 tunes.

Hope this info helps,

Randy in AZ