[ST] Tunes, Take them with you!

  Since I am stuck in the office on a wonderful riding day my mind has begun
to wander.  This idea will not work until we see some of the SAGEM boxes
turning up in junkyards, but would it be possible to have carry a separate
computer with a different tune and just swap the box?  What gets stored in
the computers?  I am guessing the Odo, Trip meters and such are the only
things that might get screwed with.

  Not sure why you would want to do this, unless you could use one for
touring (better mileage, better midrange) then swap to a another tune that
screwed the mileage and gave more power (didn't someone say the S3 tune is a
nice power tune, but you loose the fuel sender?).  Better yet we could all
swap boxes and compare tunes with out having to go to a dealer and download
new tunes?

Rambling thoughts of a madman,

David "Lost Dawg" Gaske
'00 Sprint RS (yellow)