[ST] re: Dealers dropping Triumph - long ramble...

>I keep hearing about all these American dealers that stop selling
>Triumphs, it's puzzling because it doesn't seem to happen here. - Ashley Bennet

I think part of the reason why we're hearing about so many is simply timing.  I know the remaining Triumph dealer here (which looks to be dropping them, they'd rather concentrate on selling ATVs, dirtbikes, jet-skis, cruisers, and the odd sportbike, i.e. they're a Kwakker dealer as well) had a 5 year agreement.  Its quite possible that Triumph did a big dealership push (much like Aprilia is doing now) about 5 years ago, and now the dealers have an opportunity to get out.  Those that were "sold" rather than committed are leaving.  Plus, there's natural attrition, which is compounded by the seemingly modest rate of getting new dealers.