Re: [ST] i wish someone made...

At 09:40 AM 4/27/01 -0700, Matt Knowles wrote:
>Find your little doohickey (and you're going to need two, one for each tire
>since they run at different pressures, or add another step for setting the
>right pressure). Thread the doohickey onto the tire valve. Pump the tire.
>Unthread the doohickey.

I think you're mentally picturing something completely different. First the
device has a gauge on it (so you don't need something that is setup for one
pressure). It looks a lot like a pressure gauge with a soft hose on it
(maybe 2 inches). As I see it, the soft hose has a clamp down fitting (like
a bicycle pump) so that you push it onto the motorcycle tire valve and lock
it in place. At this point the gauge reads the pressure in the tire. The
gauge has a valve on it which you connect your air hose to - as you inflate
the tire through the gauge, you will have a reading of what pressure is in
the tire. If you overfill, there is a release button on the side of the
gauge to bleed off the extra.

Sounds like a great product to me - now we just need someone to build it.

- -Eric