[ST] Re: for your consideration

 >>> Germany and the UK have most of the above laws already and I
don't see it reducing the riding population by a huge amount. <<<

    From my observation, such restrictions may have been in place in
Europe for as long as most motorcyclists have been riding (certainly
in England, I've spent less time in Germany).  Also, it seems to me
the average European rider is younger than in the U.S. (where the
average rider is about forty) and, never having experienced anything
different, accepts these restrictions complacently.

    Until recent years, we have had no restrictions to motorcycling
in the U.S.; I rode over a dozen years before I first saw a helmeted
rider on the street (mid '60s) and am personally acquainted with
dozens who gave up motorcycling rather than submit to such
oppression. The only thing in which the American motorists can still
take pride is their forty-percent refusal rate as regards the wearing
of seatbelts.

    "Liberty has never come from government.  Liberty has always come
from the subjects of government.  The history of liberty is the
history of resistance."   -   WOODROW WILSON

                                   Cheers;

                                       doggydo   - - - o%\o