Re: [ST] rallye/radiator

At 09:56 PM 4/30/01 EDT, you wrote:
>riding home from work radiator starts leaking.
>Not the hoses or anything that simple so off comes the radiator and I >will see if it can be repaired. Anybody buy one yet? I hope to finally >meet a lot of you.
>
>Thanks
>Steve Ford
>Viper Dawg

Steve, While this isn't really an answer to your question nor a solution the problem, It's more of a "just in case" tip given to me by several oval track racers.  I've even seen it done and it really works.  In my emergency provisions on my bike and truck I carry a picnic shaker of pepper.  If you develop a leak in your radiator, due to road debris or whatever, fill radiator with water and start your engine when it hits operating temp, pour the pepper container in and watch you leak stop.  Now refill again just to top off the radiator.  This is not a permanent fix by no stretch of the imagination but it will get you home or to a radiator repair shop.  As long as there is water in the radiator the pepper will remain swollen thus will continue to plug the leak. (not recommended in severly calcified radiators.)

Lex "Digital Dawg" Offer
reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx
2000 Saphire Blue Sprint ST
1986 VF1000 F-2 Bol d'Or