[ST] storage, short term

<< I will not ride my bike for 6 weeks due to travel. How should I
prepare/store the bike? If necessary I could get my house-sitter to start
and run the bike in the garage, but not ride as he not licenced/insured. Or
is it best just to leave it?
Thanks
Barry >>

    Put Stabil in the gas (and run it a few miles) if the garage gets hot
during the day and cools at night. The temp changes cause your tank to
"breath" which may cause some condensation. Your bike should be fine if you
leave it alone for 6 weeks if it is in a garage and the temperature is
fairly stable. I only charge the battery monthly (just so I remember to do
it) over the winter because I have it in my kitchen cabinet (it gets 30
below zero here) and I think it needs at least one charge over the 5 month
winter. My batteries seem to have remarkable longevity. What do you do with
your car when you leave for 6 weeks during the Summer?
Regards,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------