Re: [ST] RE: (ST) RE: (ST) New Daytona (And superbike reviewspoilers

I defnitely need to dial in the suspension on my RS. I've not found a good compromise between plushness and control. I'm going out Sunday with a local suspension guy and try to make the best of the stock suspension (I envy your öhlins!). I do seem to ride a bit on the hard side. I've no chicken strips at all on the rear tire--in fact the right edge is beveled slightly past the edge--and have just a slight chicken strip on the left side of the front tire--the right side is wore right to the edge. On the plus side, I've got 3000 miles on this set of tires (BT20 rear, BT10 front), and while the sides of the front are starting to cup a bit, the centers, both front and rear are nearly perfect. Thank God for twisty roads.

>>> Erik Miner <Axeis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 7/31/01 11:00 AM >>>
It's not so much how you ride, as much as how the rear suspension is
setup. If the rear is too soft not enough preload or too soft a
spring than you will touch down hard parts. I have had my ST over far
enough so there is no chicken strip on the rear tire.. and the front
is close. I've never had anything touch.. I also have an Ohlin on the
rear with the correct spring for my weight and the bike with bags.
Keep in mind that the stock shock is a 13.75 kg spring which is good
for a rider about 170 lbs and Triumph does not take into
consideration the appx 30 lbs the hard bags add in their setup in the
owners manual.

Erik