Re: [ST] Parts problems & stepper motor housings

I assume he checks the modified housing the same way he checks them initialy.
In other words,  I don't rightly know.  I have talked to him on several
occasions about this issue and he related how last year almost every 600 he
sold had a leaky stepper motor housing.  That is how he fixed them and he has
had no problems with any of them since then.  He said he eventually went to
just adding that modification as part of the prep for those bikes as he pulls
them out of the crate.

Since he has been in constant contact with Shell Barr through all of this, I
would think that if it were suspect they would have revisited that issue.

But you know what?  At this point, the longer the problem remains un diagnosed
the better my case for compensation is.  I know that's a sh!tty attitude but
that's all I got right now.

So were you riding your bike all this time or was it sitting at the shop
waiting for the part?  I'm curious as to how closely your symptoms matched
mine.

In my quest for information I called around and talked to techs at different
dealers.  The Triumph tech. at Trackstar Motorsports in Mpls. MN  commented
that one of the quirks about the Sprints is that they can display identical
symptoms caused by completely different problems.  He also noted that the
Sprints are, for the most part, extremely reliable.