Re: [ST] Brainerd, 12000 mile service and now gas leak

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Erik Miner wrote:

> Jim take a look at the fittings on the fuel pump plate area. I had a
> leak around the grey plastic fitting that went into the tank and the
> hose that came out of the tank. It maybe leaking as it cools and
> things contract.

If you are not carefull when insurerting the petrol connectors the
ring is prone to chips and cracks. Of course I would not have person
experience :-)

In a pinch you can head to Home Depot with the old one in hand and
by a couple for a buck. There are two types on rubber commonly
used, from what I understand, one just happens to be better suited
to contact with petrol. But from what I can see both will expand
a bit with exposure.  One will just expand faster from what the
head mechanic at EuroSport in Fort Worth told me.

I am going to include the replacement of those rings every 10-20k
miles.

Tom  '01 BRG, ~5 months old, 11,600 miles.

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664