Re: [ST] Question on Fiamm horn installation

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Keith Winter wrote:

> A quick question to those who have installed them: is a relay required?
>  Is there already a relay in the circuit?  If so, will it support two
> of these horns?  If a relay is needed, what sort of unit are people
> using (manufacturer, part number)?

I actually have two of them in, but looking at the OEM wires to
the horn, even if there was a relay in there some where, I would
highly doubt the ~22 gauge wire supplied would be enough to get
the full effect you are looking for.

I would highly recommend you do as I and several other people have.
Add in a relay with a 10-20 A fuse inline to the battery directly.
Use decent wire, 16 gauge or better. As well supply your own ground
to either the main frame or the battery itself.

At some point I will post pictures of my install.

YMMV,
Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664