Re: [ST] Brake pad / clutch wear query

I replaced the clutch cable at about 8,000 miles, but only in search of a
lighter pull, not because the cable on my RS snapped. (The ST cable has the
bent steel tube casing on the opposite end, and can be threaded straighter
through the bike than the original RS version, affording less resistance.)

As for brakes, I replaced my front pads at 16,000 miles, and still had about
1/3 the life left in them! It's certainly not because I ride slow, as Andrew
can attest, but that I'm a big fan of throttle control. I use the
gearbox/throttle combination to maintain a smooth line and pace, rarely
having to hit the binders.

It remains to be seen if I'll be spending more on a clutch, but I doubt it.
I will say that my bike's gearbox is as smooth as most Suzuki's, perhaps due
in part ot my frequent changes.

Ken M.
'00 RS