[ST] Sore hands in Aus

Hi,

does anyone have any suggestions or exercises that can help build up hand
mussels?  Before I got the sprint I had a four year gap when I didn't do
much riding.  Now when I'm riding for more than an hour my wrist's start to
hurt and fingers start to numb in any conditions.  I have the heated grips
option which help, but I think the main cause is lack of muscle?

I have heard of palm rests for the handle bars but have don't know much
about types or brands or if there any good?

I'm only just over 30 so I should be falling apart yet......(I hope not ;) )

I plan to do some long trips with my wife towards the end of the year and
would appreciate any suggestions that could help.

cheers

Tim

P.S. Can anyone tell me what the Triumph get together in the Blue Mountains
of AUS is like?