[ST] sore hands in aus

does anyone have any suggestions or exercises that can
help build up hand
mussels?

Tim,

There are several I have heard of, allegedly involving
solo AND group exercises, but none that could be
mentioned in polite society! You sure you got the
right list?!

Seriously, I'm not sure that it's your hand that need
strengthening, but torso.  After being out of action a
little while ago for nine months (pneumonia, not a
prang) I found that a daily 15 minute session on a
rowing machine built up the abdominals and back
muscles, which are the ones that give you good
posture.  Took about two weeks to notice the effect,
and I certainly don't get the aches I used to even
when I was younger. Squeezing a squash ball helped
build back  forearm muscles - the ST clutch is harder
than you think if you get unused to it.  Finally, a
double-decker Baglux tank bag is good for leaning
against, provided that you are doing relatively sedate
touring.  It can be a bit restricting if you are
planning clamebering around on the bike and getting
your knee down - but I expect your wife might have
something to say about that if she's coming with you.

Kevin (Reservoir Dawg)
99 ST
London