[ST] oh no, oil leak

While i had the right side fairing off putting on my frame sliders this
weekend (see other post), I noticed a pretty substantial oil leak coming
from the lower seam in the crankcase.  Pictures at:
http://www.erf.net/~brd/triumph/framesliders

Well, I don't know if it's actually that substantial, since the level in
the sight glass has not gone down and there's only a drop on the ground
under the bike every week or so (I thought it was from excess chain
lube).

This is pretty disheartening, as I've only had the bike 3 months now,
bought it used, and it's out of warranty.  It was completely rebuilt
by Eurosport here in Ft. Worth last winter, so I don't know why this
has happened, but I'm pretty sure it was in this state when I got it.
That's what I get for not having the bike checked out by a different
mechanic before buying it and just taking Eurosport's word that it was
in good shape, I guess.

Still, I don't know if I trust the bike anymore or if I should feel
comfortable riding it long distances (or short ones, for that matter).
I might talk to Eurosport and see what they say, but I doubt they'll fix
it now, and I'm not sure I'd believe them if they say they've repaired
it, anyway.

I think I'll talk to the guys at RPM and see what they can do, but I'm
guessing nothing short of tearing down the engine will fix this?

Sorry, just had to vent

Laters,
Brian
- --