Re: [ST] oh no, oil leak

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 09:11:59PM +0000, STeve . wrote:
> >From: brd <brd@xxxxxxx>
>
> >While i had the right side fairing off putting on my frame sliders this
> >weekend (see other post), I noticed a pretty substantial oil leak coming
> >from the lower seam in the crankcase.
>

> BUMMER, Brian!!!  But it doesn't sound like a bad leak (seep more likely?)
> Definitely talk with Eurosports first. See if they will do something to
> preserve good customer relations before going to Keith.  Eurosports sold you
> the bike, they should stand behind the sale (even if not a warrenty issue).

Well, actually, I bought it from an individual and talked to Eurosport
about the maintenance history.  I didn't mean to imply they'd sold me
the bike, but they did tell me they new the engine was in "like new"
condition.

> Keith is a good guy and will treat you right, but it will obviously be a
> charge situation.  Give Eurosports a chance to make it right, then follow up
> with RPM for a second opinion.

Yeah, I'm thinking it might be something where if I decide to get it
fixed, I leave it with a shop over some winter months when they might be
slower, and tell them to work on it when they have a chance.

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)