[ST] Strange front brake problem

Just installed a set of risers and put the longer brake hose on I am now
having mush brakes.   The strange thing is that they were fine before I
changed the hose.

Before I took the original hose off I hooked a vacuum bleeder to both
calipers and sucked the system 100% dry because I wanted no traces of
fluid to get near my paint.  I did notice some nice yellow colored sludge
in the reservoir that I wiped clean and I figured no big deal and I'm
glad I'm putting fresh fluid in.

After the new hose install I vacuum bleed the system from both calipers
and really pulled a lot of fluid through to flush everything out.  I have
brakes but with the lever in the #1 position if I really pull hard I can
sink the lever to the grip.

I manually bleed it and nothing changed and I even went as far as
removing and raising the left caliper in case some air was trapped in the
crossover hose, then vacuum bleeding the left side.

I have run about a half a bottle of dot 4 through the system and can't
believe there could still be air in it!

My next step will be the caliper piston tweek but the problem wasn't
there until the hose change so I don't think it will help.

Also, it is a 2000 with the low riser reservoir.

All ideas are appreciated!

Ken Walter
"Unleashed Dawg"