RE: [ST] oh no, oil leak

> Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:41:58 -0500
> From: brd <brd@xxxxxxx>
> While i had the right side fairing off putting on my frame sliders this
> weekend (see other post), I noticed a pretty substantial oil leak coming
> from the lower seam in the crankcase.  Pictures at:
> http://www.erf.net/~brd/triumph/framesliders
> Brian
> - --
> '99 ST (black)

Hi Brian,

Given the age of your bike, it sounds to me as if you might've succumbed to
the crankcase bolt problem. It happened to me last year, and managed to blat
half the contents of the sump over the rear tyre... Exciting!

As the problem was the subject of a recall, I would still try to get the job
done for free, even if you're out of warranty.

See http://www.triumphnet.com/st/ -> FAQs -> Recalls -> Recall - April
1999 - Crankcase Bolts.

BTW, my VIN was outside the range quoted, but they still did the job under
warranty.

Regards,
- --
BRG