Re: [ST] stock muffler modification & handling

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:59:27 -0700 , owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx (by way of
Message_Redirector@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>From: "Louis Pannozzo" <Blackhawk46@xxxxxxx>

>The second is more of a problem of stability in cross winds and with large
>trucks on the expressway. Any way to adjust the suspension to help this ?
>I was going to try lowering the rear to increase the front trail, does this
>make sense ? I'm looking for the least amount of impact on this stock bike.
>I rather not change springs, or make major modifications as I think the
>bike handles great otherwise. I thank anyone for your help. BLACKHAWK

The easiest way to lower the rear is to spin the chain-adjuster
eccentric around so the axle is on the top instead of on the bottom.
That will lower the rear by about 1-1/2" or so. OTOH, I have not
noticed any stability issues with my ST that were not caused by
ill-advised tire choices (Continental ContiForce tires, to be
specific) and would miss the ground clearance eaten up by spinning the
eccentric.