Re: [ST] Re: Risers and neck problems

On Tuesday, August 7, 2001, at 06:51 PM, Peckham . wrote:

>> From: "Daniel Miller" <sportybird@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> My wrists haven't been sore, but my neck
>> was already sore before I bought the RS and my neck is what's
>> aggravated
>> right now. I hope to be able to sit up just a tad more to help with
>> that.
>
> Regarding your neck, this is likely a postural problem.  The more
> forward the seating position, the more extension of the neck -- unless
> you consciously modify it. I have neck and serious back problems (as
> well as torn cartilage in both knees -- what the hell am I doing on a
> sport bike??? -- so I am very aware of my neck position.

Making sure your crash hat fits right can make a big difference. I had
trouble having to crane my neck when I first got the RS which seemed odd
as the bars are higher than others I've used. After a while I realised
that my AGV had stretched to the extent that my eyes were higher in the
aperture than they should be so I was having to lift my head
significantly to see forwards. A new Quantum F solved the problem
immediately.

Dave