RE: [ST] oh no, oil leak

It might be worth checking the airbox drain tube.  There is a centrifugal
valve in the crankcase that can stick and let small amounts of oil into the
airbox, which then drains out through this tube just like it is designed to
do.  This tube is a little bit wider bore than the two petrol/breather tubes
that run down the right hand side of the frame and it has a loose fitting
'seeper' bung in the end.  On my RS the tube just finishes a bit further up
the frame and behind the swinging arm pivot so that when it leaks a bit of
oil it goes over the rear right side of the sump and onto the centre stand
mounting point.  It is only a minor problem and it will not cause any
problems but it would be worth having the valve checked.  IMHO the same
thing happens when you give the bike bags of gas and have it leaned over
hard, I lost a whole 2 teaspoons of oil that way before it stopped, that's
about 15p worth!!

- ---
Rich Crinson

'01 Black RS