Re: [ST] Safe Driving Tips.

Anderson, Neil G (CPR) wrote:

> This message came through our company safety network - it's about a better
> way to set the side mirrors on your car, to reduce blind spots.

Yep, been doing that for years. Works like a charm. Most people swear
they have blind spots in their cars, but really they just don't know how
to adjust their side view mirrors -- they expect to use the side mirrors
to see behind the car, which is an incorrect expectation.

> Maybe there's a better way to set your bike mirrors too, so that you see
> your blind spot not your elbows?

Unfortunately, since motorcycles don't have rear view mirrors the side
mirrors have to do double duty. Predictably, they don't do well at either.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA