Re: [ST] Have fun at the Rallye

>I was speaking to a tyre guru at my dealership and we discussed why they
>will sometimes square off.  Most people think it is mostly from long,
>straight rides...

I do lots of that, sadly.

>but an equal factor is ....harsh starts at green lights...quick braking..

Is there any other way to come out of a light?

>.(situations where your tyres get scrubbed - city traffic)

That's me.  I commute in San Francisco-- something like seventeen stop
lights each way on my 2.5 mile ride.  I do a lot of kicking around the
bay area on freeways.  And I pretty much beat everybody out of
stoplights.

I'm tempted to just go down to Discount Tire and get something that
starts off square, so I don't have to do the work myself.

- -Patti

P.S.  I'm jealous of your Texas ride.  I drove 100 miles round trip in
my freakin' car, with one of the guys who works with me, so we could
spend the day doing a major data center move.  And for a company
that's likely to be bankrupt by the end of the quarter.  <sigh>
Anybody in San Francisco need a good data center and/or QA manager?