Re: [ST] Bakersfield Trip/Awesome Roads

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "al bailey" <acb@xxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: [ST] Misc.

> Robert Switzer wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> > Taking a 4 day trip to the Sierras just north east of Bakersfield, any
> > suggestions on good blacktop?
>
> > Hey Robert,
I just took that trip from LA all the way up to Yosemite.  From Bakersfield
tak Hwy 58 east about 20 miles to Bealville Rd. (the road to Caliente) Take
that road north towards Bodfish and then on to Lake Issabella.  From Lake
Issabella go to Kernville. The you head north following the Kern river
towards Fairview (Roads End) to Johnsondale north to Camp Nelson west to
Springville north to Milo North to Exeter. From Exeter take Hwy 198 into the
Sequoia National Park, it's awesome there.  The you can follow 198 all the
way up the top of the park where there will be a road toward Shaver Lake.
Take that and there will be a back road into Yosemite.  Get a good road map
and you will see all the roads clearly.
this trip up to Yosemite took me about 10 hours.  I stayed in Yosemite for
two nights and then went out the back way from Yosemite and the down Hwy 395
all the way back to Los Angeles.
Let me know if you need any more info.
Have fun
Cameron