Re: [ST] ouch...video

Terry,

A person on another list I'm on was present at the race in question.  You
are correct, the race was not red flaged in time, and both the corner
workers who were giving the "push" sign abandoned that to help clean up.
Unfortunatly I can't find the post to see if they gave the fund rasing
person.  I'll keep looking if your interested.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen

<<
Having done quite a bit of cornerworking myself, that was pretty tough to
watch. There was absolutley no way the worker should have been out there, on
the line, while bikes were still running around. That was a perfect example
of when to call for race control to red flag the event. I don't know what
the rider was thinking, or what signals he was getting (was anyone out there
pushing riders to the outside of the track??), or even where he was looking,
but I'd certainly have preferred seeing him run over a crashed bike than a
corner worker. With the worker moving, the rider may have not been able to
decide which way to go to get around and just ran out of time. It was a
stupid move all around and now a worker is seriously hurt. Damn!

Any idea whose raising funds or what they're doing?