Eng Mount Adjuster Locknut?( Re: [ST] GSG MOKO)

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 04:13:01AM +0100, Phil Guy wrote:
> Firstly, u do not need to remove the fairings for installation providing
> that you can get 5 minutes of adult assistance and a little patience.  You
> do not need to and should not tamper with the Engine Mounting Adjuster
> Locknut located behind the engine mounting bolt and in any case you
> would need a special tool to do so.

What is the purpose of the "Engine Mounting Adjuster Locknut"?  I'm
assuming this is the one with the 4 notches in the face of it?

Should there be more than one of these (my bike only had one on the
right side)?

How tight should this thing be?  You say a special tool is needed to
remove it, but I just spun mine off with my fingers?  Maybe this is why
my bike transmits so many vibrations?

Thanks,
Brian
- --