RE: [ST] New Subscriber

Hi Al,

I live in Knoxville and commute 57 miles one way quite often (2-3 out of
5). The ST is a marvelous bike. I like it for commuting better than the
Trophy 12 I had (which I also used for commuting --a 102 mile one way five
days a week). The power is there when you want it, and the comfort is better
to my way of thinking. The Trophy was no slouch at handling, but the ST is
really good. Somebody on this list said that a new rear tire gives you an
"at one" feeling with the bike. True enough. It is a lot lighter than the
Trophy, and while not as svelte as the 900 Ducs I had, it nonetheless is
well hung together. Needs a bit of suspension tweaking, and a turbo would
sure be fun... One day, whilst I had just begun backing down from doing 110
(only a ton what with the speedo error) I was passed by a 'busa (that I had
most recently overtaken) like I was standing still!!!!!!!! Oh, and did I
mention that the ST is smooth? Love the scoot.

John