[ST] Back from Rallye

Hi all,

I didn't get off 'till 3pm so I superslabbed it the entire way. I figured
it was going to be 10 pm by the time I got home so better take the fastest
route. Plus, after busting 10,000 apexes Thurs/Fri/Sat I'd had my fill of
heavenly roads for a week for two. Got home at in 6 hrs / 340 miles. Went
through several large thunderstorms b/t Knoxville & Chattanooga. On & off
with the rainsuit is a real ETK (Elapsed Time Killer).

Thanks to all who made the Rallye possible. Special thanks to the Eastern
Rallye Coordinator Weasel Dawg who put a lot of time into making it such a
fun event. Sorry to hear about your wrist Eric.

As usual I was lucky enough to ride with many different Dawgs and enjoyed
every minute of it -- even in the rain. Yes, keeping up with Mark 'Big
Dawg' Hanke in the rain in twisties is FUN !! Knowing Ken Pickett and Paul
& Dee S. are right behind me to scrape me up off the road was reassuring:/)
There certainly are a lot of very good riders that belong to the TSRA.

Thank you Lisa & Richard White and Jim Huber for waiting for me in
Chattanooga for the Thursday ride in. Cherola(sp?) Skyway & Deals Gap were
a great way to get mind & machine ready for what was to come Friday and Sat.

Having my lovely pillion along for Saturdays ride was fun for both of us.
Though I missed mixing it up with the Tire Blistering Dawg Pack we had a
very enjoyable ride and got to spend time with other Dawgs that I otherwise
would have missed riding with (a good thing). Considering this was Maria's
first experience in twisties at speed she did great. Later she said after
she realized that even though she could feel the rear tire drifting from
time to time in turns she knew she was not going to die immediately like
she thought for the first 30 min.'s. I was very proud of her courage.

By the way guys I've realized I have an unfair advantage: the tires I had
mounted in Montrose are Dragon "CORSE'S"  I knew they were a different
compound than regular Dragon's (which is what I wanted) but not until
recently did I realize just how much more grip they have than what most
everyone else runs. They are just a lot softer and stickier and as such
confidence inspiring than the tires most other Dawg's paws. They also are
almost worn out in 4K. Gotta get something with more longevity next time.
Mabey;-)

Hope everyone has a safe trip home.

When are we going to do it again??

John 'Apex Dawg' Petrey