[ST] "Toys" and annual service

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.
Their is clearly an established list, printed in the
service manual, that should be adhered to for
services.  At my 12k service done by a previously (and
permanently) unused dealer, I was given a copy along
with a sheet showing the valve clearances, two of
which were OUT OF SPEC and NOT adjusted. ("OH, we
never adjust them unless they're ALL OUT!!") What
Idiots. This afer telling them I was on my way to a 6K
mile trip to the middle of NOWHERE.

To Blake, next time you're in a Supermarket, check it
out. It's just a single page bit in the back covering
supposed Customer Service, edited by our buddy Marc
BTW, from a self-professed guy who helped set up
Triumph's dealer network in the states. It is honestly
not my intention to slam anyone.  He makes several
valid points but IMHO the view of Motorcycles as
"Toys", perhaps shared by TOA perhaps not, lies at the
bottom of many of the service/repair problems some of
us have experienced.

David
'99
ST