Re: [ST] Awesome week on wheels and the East Rallye

Scott,

Glad to hear you're home, safe and sound.  I have to agree with most all of
your post, great rallye, great folks, GREAT ROADS!  Yes, 28 south was a joy.
And yes. 129 (the dragon) is over-rated.  But I would not dissuade anyone
who has never been there to skip it.  It's just one of those
(motorcycle)places everyone needs too see, at least once.  Spending the day
up there Tuesday was a joy.  I had the place to myself, only person at the
cabins. Hung out with Duncan & Mike part of the day and made several solo
trips up and back, only a few other bikes at the gap all day. Can't believe
I missed you on Wednesday, I headed (indirectly) over to the Pisgah, via the
Foothills parkway and a tortuous journey thru the Smokey Mtn's Nat'l Park
(20 MPH conga line behind 15-20 cars, passing became futile).

Really enjoyed riding with you on Sat., perfect day.  I headed home Sun. AM
with the Texas Mafia in tow, split off at Chattanooga across Tenn. to the
Nachez Trace, from 64 down to Jackson Tn. a nice easy 300+ miles at 55mph,
after all our mountian hooliganism I was ready for a peaceful ride, nice
comtemplation of the week-end during this time.  After that it was I-20 slab
into Dallas. Arrived at home at 10:30 p.m. Monday night, 14 1/2 hours, 724
miles and a big, tired smile on my face.  My own bed never felt so good.

Cheers, Scott.  Good to put a face with your name.

"UnderDawg"
STeve
Dallas, Tx