Re: [ST] Problems with front brake

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, todd brockmeyer wrote:

> I have a 2000 ST with 3000 miles (no I don't get
> enough time to ride the bike as much as I would
> like)and recently been having some problems with the
> front brake.  When braking heavily everything is fine
> until I slow down to about 10mph.  From about 10mph
> until complete stop the front end shakes quite a bit
> and makes the mirrors "dance".  I asked my dealer
> about this problem and his response was that this is
> normal as the tires wear some.

Greets Todd,

I have a similar behaviour, in that at/below 5mph when slow stopping or
maintaining a crawl in traffic the brakes feel a little "grabby", that is
they seem to pulse with grab/release/grab/release at a frequency of 2 to 4
a second.  The rotors were just checked by my shop during a 12k service
and no warpage seen, but I changed the brake pads anyway just before the
service to see if some spooge may have been causing this.  Went from stock
pads that still had about half a life left to the HBC HH pads, flushed the
lines and everything and still have this behaviour.

Still trying to get rid of that squeak too!

Let me know if you find anything out,

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail