[ST] midgrad/supergrade

I started out putting super in my bike because "This bike needs it". No, I
don't recall hearing any pinging and performance was normal. When I
complained to my dealer that my gas mileage was hanging around 40 mpg (us),
he suggested going to regular. Here's why...Premium fuel is expensive.
Therefore, it sits there and sits there and sits there. Ever run stale gas
in your bike? I don't care if it IS premium octane, stale gas is bad. My gas
mileage actually improved a bit going to regular fuel. I attribute this not
to the octane, but the freshness of the fuel. Since then, I have moved to
midgrade as a compromise. The pinging is nearly gone, and the gas is fresher
than premium. I hear absolutely no pinging except when accelerating hard
from a stop in first gear and then only as I let the clutch from 50% to 100%
engaged.

I avoid small gas stations that order gas less frequently.

- -C