[ST] It nearly happened again.....

Some of you may remember the ST getting reversed over in November 2000, and
being off the road being rebuilt for 65 days?
After that I decided it was not safe parked on the road, so with my
neighbours approval, started parking the bike on the pavement and was also
now able to chain it to the lamppost outside my flat.

On Sunday I was washing the car and a neighbour decided to do a three point
turn right outside my flat.
As she was doing the reversing bit she must have slipped her foot off the
clutch, and started reversing @ 10 mph straight for the bike.
The curb took the impact of the tyre but the overhang from the boot which
was some 3+ feet long, whacked straight into the bike where it was parked
side on.
The impact nearly took the ST off the centre stand.

I stood just stood there open-mouthed!
I jumped in front of her car and refused to let her drive away until we had
taken the covers off the ST and checked the fairing etc for damage.
Thankfully nothing seemed to be broken!

If my lawyers pull their finger out, I will be buying a house with a garage
in a months time.....can't wait to get Big Red off the road and somewhere
safe.
It will only be a 1 bike home sadly, Maria got a full refund on her faulty
TT but had already sold her Bandit, and will now not bother getting another
bike or scoot 'till 2002.
She's taken a fancy to the Yam Tmax 500 superscoot.
Cheers,

Neil "Diamond Dawg" Tracey
ex Sprint Sport. 99 Red ST
Bath. UK.