[ST] clutch cables

So I remember reading that there is a high failure rate on the ST clutch
cable by the clutch lever.  This morning I fell victim.  Fortunately I discovered it before it fully broke and my work is only a short walk from the dealer
but with 3700 miles on the bike am I going to be replacing this part every
couple of months?  Is there a solution or a workaround?  I got this one
covered under warranty but 120 bucks is what it will cost when the warranty
expires.

This also seems like a dangerous item to have chronically fail.  If it were
a Ford car it would have already had a government mandated recall or something
of that sort by now.  Maybe the cable failures aren't that widespread though.

Thoughts?

Wes

- --
~~~~wesman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vax  a vicious creature known to eat 110AC and quotes through its
*DCL*.  Vax are usually found in groups of Vaxen called clusters where
they lay in wait to ravage their prey known as users.