hello everybody

Hello to everybody out there,

recently I subscribed this mailing-list and since then got some dozens of
emails concerning one of my - if not THE - favourite topics: Triumph's Sprint
ST.
Right now I want to take the opportunity to "make myself known" to the list and
so to everybody who is interested in it, and of course to everyone who's not...

I am Michael, born somewhat in July 1972 - so still very young (I'm not quite
sure about this...) - somewhere in Germany. In may 1998 I bought a Triumph
Trident 900 in a real nice silver. Until the end of 1999 I had a lot of fun
with this bike but was - after having tested a Sprint ST by that time - somehow
infected by the want for this bike. So I decided to buy one and at the
beginning of 2000 I gave away - with some pain in my heart, of course, after
having really enjoyed the 21.000 km on it - my Trident and got a brandnew 2000
black Sprint ST.
After about 24.000 km since then (please, don't ask me about the miles - it's
maybe something like 15.000??) I still enjoy every minute spent riding it! As I
hope this weekend, too, at a little trip to the Alps ...

Now a question of mine: Why is it that this mailing-list seems to be so
"american-dominated"? Okay, there are a lot of yours on this planet, so
probability seems to be high that more are riding a Sprint ST then somewhere
else, but as I have been two times in the U.S. I never even saw a Triumph, not
to speak of a ST! Where were you all?

Alright, I think this should be enough for the first time. Maybe I will find
some other german or european ST-Bikers to break this over-atlantic domination
:-)
As so nicely described by
http://www.ianchadwick.com/motorcycles/triumph/
Triumph was and is still "European" - british, of course, but with some german
roots, too...

Michael
'00 Sprint ST, JB
Germany