Re: [ST] Coolant puke?

>I posted this a while back.
>
>I seem to recall putting silicone grease on the fittings of the reservoir &
>inside the reservoir cap to stop a similar condition. Just enough coolant
>was seeping out to muck things up and get one wondering. The blue-green
>color of the residue of the dried coolant (happens fast in Arizona) showed
>up especially well on the inside of the tail section of my yellow '00 RS.
>The silicone grease I used came from an Ace Hdwe, plumbing section me
>thinks.

What Blake and I experienced is not a seepage from the reservoir cap. It's
more of a gush from the overflow tube. In my case it was a loss of about a
pint of fluid. It has happened to me three times when the coolant was at
the top level and each time it dumped enough so that it was at the lower
level. I left it at that point hoping that would solve the problem, but
then the problem of the coolant gauge flatlining and the engine cutting out
returned.

Matt Knowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643