Re: [ST] new stuff

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan West"

> Trophy: 900 is d/c'd.  1200 is unchanged except for color.  Now emerald
> green (brighter than BRG) and Agean blue (remember the 95 t'bird?)

I see you have indicated that the only change to the 1200 is colour, but
would you mind confirming that the Trophy is still chain-driven?  It seems
there is a lot of pent-up interest in a shaft-driven version.  One of the
dealers was apparently told that this still a few years away.

> Bonnie: unchanged except color (baby blue?) and some engine cover
> cosmetics.

One of the three Triumph dealers in Vancouver has already got a 2002
baby-blue Bonnie sitting on their demo-room floor.   I didn't much care for
the colour btw, but I also noticed that the chromed engine covers are gone,
being replaced by polished aluminum.  I suspect that this is either a
cost-saving manoeuver or perhaps it is to make the 100th anniversary Bonnie
more desirable.  The owner of the dealership suggested that he thought he
had heard something about Triumph having some trouble with oil leakage with
the first-generation engine covers.  He also thought the chromed versions
would be available as accessory items.  Any comment?

Neil