[ST] Arkansas & Armadillos

> I've never ridden motorcycles in the Carolina's, so perhaps the roads there
> are the best. IMHO the best roads are north central Arkansas. Hiway 341
> ROCKS! The roads in Colorado provide beautiful scenery, but for
> nonstop-technical-traffic free roads, I'll take Arkansas.

Arkansas is great, but you DO have to go to North Carolina sometime.  If
you stay on back roads, at least the Western side of the state appears
to be one curve right after the other!  It's awesome!!  I'm looking
forward to hitting Arkansas again as well.

> Speaking of Arkansas, has anyone ever seen a live armadillo? The only ones
> I've ever seen are quite dead.

Only in Texas :-)  One was trying to dig its way through the concrete in
my parent's garage.  The other two showed us why you've only seen them
dead.  We were on the STs, and they just meandered across the road, not
paying us any attention.  We had to stop until they'd crossed our lane
both times!

Lisa