Re: [ST] Darwin's Cornering clearances

>>> BikerDad <BikerDadHLV@xxxxxxxxxxxx> - 8/29/01 12:06 PM >>>
"What's bothered me is this: DH was comparing the cornering clearance of the RS, an inline triple sportbike, with the cornering clearance of (correct me if I'm wrong here), a Ducati, Aprilia Mille, Honda RC-51, and a Superhawk."

True, all the bikes I mentioned were more dedicated sportbikes. But I was arguing with some guy about choosing the right line, not cornering clearance. My point was that I took the same lines these guys did, and I scraped, they didn't, so the issue in this case WAS cornering clearance, not lines. You are absolutely right. When ridden in a very spirited manner, the Sprint is not as capable as most dedicated  sportbikes. While the Sprint will keep up with dedicated sportbikes, it is a lot of work. Such rides would indeed be more fun on a dedicated sportbike. I will get one before next riding season.

>>> BikerDad <BikerDadHLV@xxxxxxxxxxxx> - 8/29/01 12:06 PM >>>
(Fer instance, the only way you can get 200 miles out of a tank with a Superhawk is to trailer it for 100!)

Which is the very reason I don't own one. I and a lot of other people would love to buy Superhawks, but we just can't live with the lousy range. I regularly ride with Super Chickens, and on rides with these bikes, we always have to modify our routes to keep the damn things from running out of fuel. This situation does not foster much good will towards Honda from the rest of the people in the group. Honda has built the perfect bike with one fatal flaw. And now, rather than admitting it made one mistake, it is killing a nearly perfect but slow selling motorcycle because it won't address that one flaw. It makes a person wonder if Aprilia has a mole in Honda's top ranks making decisions in such matters.