Re: [ST] Darwin's Cornering clearances

>What caught my attention was Darwin's less than charitable assessment of
>the cornering, since when he was out on a "spirited ride" with a group of
>cronies, he was running out of cornering clearance and none of the others
>riders were.

That's because he doesn't know how to ride in such a way as to not drag
bits.   Some people consider this to be a short-coming in the rider, others
blame the bike.  I just did 50 laps on my RS at Seattle International
Raceway at *more* than a spirited pace and no part of the bike ever touched
down.  I did not hang-off either -- just sat in my seat and did quick
turn-ins.

>Every one of the other bikes he was riding with was a V-Twin superbike.
>Absolute, dedicated sportbikes.  Every one of them has higher pegs, lower
>bars, and a narrower engine/frame than the Sprints.

Absolutely true. They are bred for the track --  so in the street they must
have even greater ground clearance.

>The RS is a SportBike, whereas those others are SPORTbikes.  While we all
>know that the one place Triumph could really improve the Sprints is in the
>suspension, suspension is NOT the sole culprit in this case.

I would be willing to bet that is was not a cause at all.