[ST] A potentially uncomfortable moment

I'm riding home in San Francisco last night, on Division, under the
freeway.  This road is stoplight intensive, and I tend to filter up to
the front of the line when I can.  This has a tendency to piss off some
car drivers, for reasons which mostly seem to have to do with the
length of a certain appendage.

So I get to the front of a light, and the guy in the beat-up old Chevy
on my right starts rolling down his window.  Gulp.  I make sure the
bike is in gear, and start looking at cross-traffic in case I need to
make a quick escape-- I'm about two feet away from the guy, and that
may not be far enough.

"Hey, nice bike!"

- -P