[ST] high mileage sprint -- follow up

I posted earlier about the high leakdown of my 44k mile still-warrantied ST.
  Since the subject of break-in has been raised:  I followed the factory
break-in procedure and had the first service done at 630 miles.  Since then
I have mostly been riding it "like I stole it."

Today the shop got into the engine and determined that all of the intake
valves are severely worn, one of the exhaust valves is burnt; the
rings/pistons/sleeves are all fine.  Triumph is paying for a valve job as
well as the diagnostics.

I do not look forward to having to break in the engine again.

Pete
99ST