[ST] New list member and Triumph rider, break-in issue

Hi everybody,

Just bought a brand new '00 Yellow Sprint RS about a month ago. My previous
bike was a Yamaha FJ1200 '89. Went for the RS to get the touring capability
with a bigger touch of sportiness as I dont have much time for long rides
with my young kids! I love the bike so far. Find the list very interesting
also but need to stay up to date as it piles up in the ST folder quickly! I
live in Montreal, PQ, Canada so riding season is over even if winter is not
100% here yet.

I am in the break-in period of the bike (around 800 km on the clock) and I
dont know what to think or do anymore. I tought following Triumph
instructions was the thing to do even if I heard in the past about the
effectiveness of giving the engine some power rush during that period. The
first service is done and the dealer put 100% synthetic oil in it. Should I
drain it and put semi-synthetic or new running-in oil? What is the
running-in oil made from? Just want the best for my new baby!

Thank you all.

Every one dies, not every one lives!

Gaétan
'00 RS Racing Yellow