[ST] Insurance in UK

Well I managed to touch down my left peg - as well as the entire left
side of my beautiful Lucifer Orange RS. I am heartbroken. The result is
an insurance write off. I am arguing with the insurer over the value. My
RS was a 2000 model registered in February 2001 with 7,000 miles on the
clock written off on 3 November 2001. Extras in the form of a carbon
hugger, gold DID chain, carbon tank protector, grab rail. The book
describing cover refers to payment of "market value".
I believe that they should be offering me £5,500 before deduction of
excess. They have offered £4,000. I am sure they will offer more in time
but I want to be armed with arguments to get the right figure as soon as
possible. I would be pleased if anyone in the UK can assist with advice
since this is my first experience of this nonsense. Especially if anyone
thinks my value is too high please let me know. Comments on any aspects
will be welcome.
I am keen to replace my RS asap as I am sure you all understand.
Thank you.

David Salty Dawg.